Sunday, March 12, 2006

St. Patty's Day in Chicago



We have always heard about how for St. Patrick's Day Chicago turns the river green, and we were both really excited about seeing this happen. Kent was prepared to take the camera with him to work this coming Friday, but instead when we went downtown on Saturday, the river was green. It was fun to see this tradition up close. We have both never seen so many people wearing green in one place before. Who knew that St. Patty's Day was such a big holiday, and it hasn't even happened yet. So, we're including some pictures of the river for you to enjoy as well.

It has been a transition to live in the city, but we are really enjoying it. We have found a church that we like, thanks to some "family" friends. It is a Non-Denomonational church, and seems to be similar to that of E-Free that we're used to. They are in a transition right now as their pastor left in October, but they still seem to be thriving and strong.

Kent went last night to a Men's Night Out at the Wheaton sports complex, which he said was unbelievable! He said that it had 4 tennis courts, 2 raquetball courts with plexiglass, 2 pools, steam room, etc. He had a lot of fun and was able to meet some other guys. I went to a women's mentoring meeting last week, and am excited about getting set up with a mentor. There are a lot of things for us to get involved with, but we're just trying to get a feel for the church before we really commit to any certain ministry.

Kent's job is going well. He is enjoying working downtown, but still trying to figure out the best way to get there. He has tried taking the bus to the train, driving to the train, and riding his bike to the train. He is looking forward to the weather getting warmer so that he can ride his bike more.

My job is also going well. I have finally started seeing my own patients and I am getting more into the swing of things. I really am enjoying the flexibility of my schedule and freedom as well. My biggest challenge so far is convincing my co-workers that music therapy transcends all races, ages, and classes. I think in the long-term they will understand that, but for now I am having to convince them that music therapy can benefit all patients. My co-workers are really nice, and interested in what I do, which helps!

We have been able to take one trip to Bloomington so far to catch up with our friends, and see how much their little babies have grown. We truly miss them, but realize that God has lead us here, and are excited to see what He has in store for us. :)

No comments: