Saturday, March 03, 2007

Final House Update

Yes, we finally have an answer about the house ordeal. This whole process has definately taught us a lot of patience and dependence on God's timing. We had contacted our attorney last week and decided that if the next step in the process (getting the spouse's signature) had not occured by Friday that we wanted to pull our offer. We felt like this was giving God time to work, but yet also trusting that if nothing happened, that for whatever reason we weren't supposed to be in a house yet. On Thursday we again contacted our attorney and he had not heard anything about progress being made to get a signature. Therefore, we decided to pull our offer, return the appliances that were waiting to be delivered, and cancel the measurement for the carpet.

A few weeks ago, I probably would have told you that I was just frustrated and disappointed with the whole situation. However through this last week, Kent and I have both felt a peace about staying in our apartment. We really felt like God wanted us to stay here for a reason that we can't see yet. It feels good to finally have an answer about where we are going to be living for the next 5+ months. We are going to see how things go for the next few months and if we feel like we should start looking at houses again in late summer or early fall, then we will start pursuing that at that time.

For now, we have been able to finally get our house ready for a baby. This definately makes having a baby feel more real. We rearranged our living room furniture to maximize space to fit all of the baby gear, moved boxes that had been packed with things rarely used to the back porch, and started to put things away in the nursery. We were really able to get a lot of things done this weekend.

I have still been feeling good throughout this last part of the pregnancy. I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday, and Dr. Tong said that everything looked good. On Monday I will be 35 weeks, so we are definately in the home stretch. I am still working and hoping to continue working up until the point that I deliver. My patients look at me like I am crazy when I walk into their room with my keyboard and bag full of books. Granted, I have cut back on the amount of books that I carry, and whenever possible I use either my guitar or my ipod. I figure recorded music won't hurt them for 2 months. :)

We will keep you updated in the next few weeks as to what is going on with baby stuff. Our due date is April 9th, so I guess give or take 2 weeks on either side of that date, Baby Thompson could arrive.

No comments: