Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Half Marathon Results are in....

That's right, September 9th, I (Regan) completed a half marathon with my college roommate. It was definitely a new experience for me. Before beginning any type of training, I had never run further than 3 miles. With a 5 month old, it was difficult to train like I should have, but I was at least able to complete 8 miles before the race on Sunday. Kendra and I had a great time pushing each other further than we had previously gone. Now, I need to say that our goal was ONLY to finish. We were not at all going for time. It was warmer on Sunday than we were planning for, and unfortunately, the entire race was in the sun. While it was beautiful running on Lake Shore Drive, it was VERY hot!!! Literally, there was not any shade, except the last 1/4 of a mile.

Just to prove that we did actually participate in the race, here are some pictures













No comments: