Saturday, May 17, 2008

Overdue Update

I think this blog post is way overdue! I feel like I haven't updated everyone in so long. We have been busy, but not with anything specifically. We've been out of town quite a bit lately, so I guess that takes up some free time, and we'e been spending a lot of time outside as well. Alex loves to be outside, which is fun for us. We love watching him play at the park and just run around outside.

A few weekends ago we headed to Ohio for some family time. Alex was able to meet another one of his aunts and his uncle, and two more cousins! I think he had fun. It is sometimes hard to tell with him, but he did great the whole weekends. Especially considering for three nights in a row he had to fall asleep in the car! Probably not my first choice, but it worked.

Last weekend we went to my parent's house for Mother's day weekend! Saturday afternoon Claire and Alex played together for awhile. We always think that they'll start to be closer together in what they can do and how they can play together, but Claire keeps advancing as well. :) She gets so excited to see Alex! It's cute. She now has learned how to say "Al" (we're working on the Ex part), "Kent" and "Regan." Her vocabulary surprises me everytime!

This summer seems like it is going to be a busy one for us. We have three weddings and a few other trips to take as well. We're looking forward to the trips, but not the gas prices. In Chicago, it is now $4.05!!! YIKES!!!

Here are a few pictures from the last few weeks for you.

My Birthday Gifts from Alex and Kent



Alex LOVES to give hugs to his stuffed animals



"Strawberries on my head? How'd those get there??"



On the farm with Grandma



Bubbles!!!



Fun on the Farm!



Helping Grandma



A bird's nest



Wagon Ride



4 Generations



Storytime!


Lookin' Cool!


Playing outside

2 comments:

Vicky T said...

Hey, Regan.

Hope you had a Happy Birthday. I noticed your Angel Food cake. That's my favorite birthday cake. Gma used to always make it for me. My future "daughter" has come through for me the last couple of years and made one for me - from scratch even! :-) We're looking forward to going to Shannon & Chris' this weekend. Hope to see you and your family there. If not, we'll look forward to seeing you at Travis & Kelli's wedding. Give Alex a hug for us.

Aunt Vicky

Anonymous said...

how fun! Are their little hugs the best ever?! It amazes me how Jared just knows to talk to them in a cute little voice and give them hugs! Being a mom is the greatest. :)