Monday, June 08, 2009

A month has passed

I just realized that it has been a whole month since I've blogged. I can't believe that I haven't updated the blog with at least pictures. That is really all I have to update. We haven't really been up to much so far this summer. We have been making so many trips to the zoo. Alex can now say "zoo" so we hear it a lot! :) He loves going to see the zebras, monkeys, elephants and fish. We're glad that at least the zoo wears him out so he takes a good nap, or sleeps well at night after we come home.

He is still doing well with his speech therapy. He's talking more and more. It's still really difficult to understand what he's always saying, but luckily he's still using most if not all of his signs so that helps us understand his words. He's also starting to put 2-3 words together to make small phrases, which is so encouraging. In July we'll have another evaluation as it will have been a year since his last official evaluation. I'm looking forward to seeing the update and reading about his progress.

We have a few trips planned for the summer that we're looking for. This coming weekend we're headed back to Bloomington for a friend's 30th birthday! We're looking forward to seeing our friends from E-Free again and hearing Pastor Ron preach. In August we'll be going to Williamsburg with all of Kent's family. We're excited to see all of his siblings as well as all the nieces and nephews. Hopefully we'll be back in time for my new niece/nephew to be born in late August. :) I'm sure I'll be making some trips home to see that new baby, too.

Kent took this amazing picture outside of our condo


Alex and I were playing at the playground at the zoo. He is a climber!







Merry-Go-Round with Daddy


Swimming in the pool








Stay tuned for videos.......

No comments: