Thursday, October 22, 2009

Out of the habit of blogging

I have been out of the habit of blogging for the last few months. I'm not sure why, but I'm going to try to get back into the habit of keeping this updated with pictures and posts letting you know what is going on. I think I last posted at the end of September, which was awhile ago. We have been busy on the weekends as Kent and I are both on the worship team at our church. We are never on at the same time, so it usually works out that at least 2 out of the 4 weekends one of us is busy Saturday and Sunday. It works out and we both really enjoying serving in that capacity. It does take a lot of our time on the weekends that we serve.

As many of you probably know, Alex was sick last week for about the whole week. I got a call at work on Wednesday that he had a fever of 101. I went to pick him up and we headed home. He continued to have a fever day and night for the most part until the following Monday morning. We headed to the doctor on Friday and then went back to the doctor on Monday. He had no other symptoms while he was sick which was just baffling. His throat was fine, his ears were clear, urine was fine, no rash, etc. His fever on Saturday and Sunday morning was 103 which was just TOO high. Monday when we went to the doctor she ended up taking blood and told me to not give him motrin unless he had a fever (at the time we were at the doctor his fever had gone down). It turns out Monday morning was the last time I had to give him any motrin or tylenol. His lab results were a little off so we're going back in a few weeks just to make sure that everything is back to normal (which they should be). He's back to normal now, which is so good to see. For those six days we didn't do much besides sit on the couch and watch television. I can tell you that I have seen enough Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Curious George, Calliou, and Little Einsteins to last for awhile! :) His sleeping was also terrible during those six days so Kent and I are just getting back to normal! Most of all though, we were just worried about little Alex as his body just couldn't break this fever!

Things are going well with the pregnancy. I'm 15 weeks and feeling pretty good. I'm still trying to run a few times a week, but obviously my distance has gone way down! My goal right now is to try to run until at least 20 weeks, unless I start uncomfortable during a run or having any cramping. Those are obviously signs to stop and just walk instead. I go to the doctor again tomorrow. We are planning on finding out what we're having this time, but probably won't know until December. Don't worry, we'll let everyone know when we find out!

We took Alex to Chuck E. Cheese a few weeks ago and he loved it!!! It was nice to go to a restaurant and enjoy eating and have Alex entertained to. His eyes were huge the entire time we were there. I think he was a little overstimulated, but he had fun!













One of the projects Alex has made at Daycare!




There was one day Alex and I were playing and he decided that I need to sit in his tent. He then proceeded to empty his ENTIRE toybox into the tent, with me in it. Needless to say, it was a tight squeeze with everything in there!

No comments: