Thursday, March 17, 2011

3 Day Walk

Most of you probably already know this, but in August, my sister and I will be participating in the Susan G. Komen 3 Day Walk for the Cure. Over the course of 3 days we will be walking 60 miles. You may be asking "why in the world would we do something like that?" Well, for me, I have been working in the hospital for the last 3 1/2 years where I've seen so many women fight day after day for their lives. Some of those women have fought the fight and won, others have not been so lucky. One thing is the same about anyone I've come across that has to fight this fight. They all have an incredible amount of bravery as they lie in that hospital bed.

There isn't much I can do about fighting breast cancer, but I can walk. I am choosing to walk to raise awareness about the importance of early detection as well as to help raise money to bring about new treatments and hopefully even a cure.

In order to walk, we need to raise a minimum of $2300 each. So, I'm asking you to please support me on this journey that I'm taking. You can go to my personal page to donate: http://www.the3day.org/site/TRC/2011/ChicagoEvent2011?pg=peditor&fr_id=1611&px=5609324

I'll be doing my best to use our blog to also update you on my fundraising and training.

No comments: