Thursday, May 05, 2011

Finishing up and Starting Anew

This weekend is our half marathon in Indianapolis. I have spent the last 5-6 months training and running at least 3 times a week. I feel ready for this race and I'm looking forward to completing it in a time that I'm happy with. Hopefully the weather cooperates and I feel good on Saturday morning. Kent and I are dropping off the kids at my parent's house tomorrow and then heading to Indy. Honestly, I'm also desperately in need of a break, time away with just Kent, adult time. I love my kids, but I need my time away too. It refreshes me. Plus, I know that Alex (and I'm sure Paige) love being with my parents.

So when the half marathon is over after Saturday, I will officially begin my training for the 3 day walk for the cure. I'm looking forward to the walks, but I will also continue to run as well. Right now I have about $660 left to raise before I can walk, but I'm feeling fairly confident that I can do it. I'm asking for your prayers as I officially start my training and as I finish up my fundraising. I believe this is an important event and I'm looking forward walking for those who have and who will fight breast cancer.

If you'd like to support me in my walk you can donate at: www.the3day.org Search for my name. :)

More updates after the half is finished!

No comments: